- The templates have been part of cultures around the world for centuries. Designers are often asked to create new models from scratch, and even digital tools allow you to make this process easier than ever, it can still be a daunting task.
- In this issue, drawing in vector graphics. Von Glitschka demystifies the process of designing patterns, explaining and showing mosaic methods for creating new models. It shows how to construct a pattern repeating patterns Illustrator tools and templates brushes, how to turn the samples in your design. The course also has samples from some of the most inspiring designers in the industry.
- Sketch is a great starting point, but the color and detail is what causes your illustration to the next level. Von Glitschka returns in this video tutorial for drawing vector graphics to show you how to add dimension, texture and color to your designs with Adobe Illustrator. Along the background illuminates their ideas about the creative process, and shows the work of seven inspiring illustrators.
- Choose your style.
- Establishment of primary and secondary light sources.
- As affects the color of lighting.
- Working with color.
- Creating color using emotions.
- Using gradient mixture.
- Using custom brushes.
- Rounding the item with the plugin VectorScribe.
- Adding depth.
- Search for inspiration.
Tutsplus - WordPress Hacker’s Guide to the Galaxy
WordPress is easy for nearly anyone to learn, but that doesn’t mean that all the code you write for it has to be messy. There’s nothing keeping you from leveraging modern programming techniques for your WordPress themes and plugins. Let me show you.
Tutsplus - CSS 3D Essentials
English | 4.5 hours | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 30fps | Audio: AAC 32KHz 2ch | 2.03 Gb
CSS has grown into a very exciting and powerful language, now with it's 3D capabilities, the things you can do with CSS is only limited to your imagination and of course the odd browser. So follow along to see how powerful CSS 3D can be!
- The 30-minute lecture, breaks the fundamental complexity of creating a composition. will be shown in 3 easy steps that I usually use in my work. This is ideal for beginners. After completion of the project, I will highlight an additional 15 minutes on the tips and tricks to show the successful creation of the image
- Learn how to design a unique spaceship from specifications from client, going from initial thumbnails to final render.
- In this tutorial we are going to learn how to design an interesting and original spaceship, a solar barque.
- We're going to start with gathering and analyzing reference material, following our project specs, which typically would be provided by a client or an art director.
- Next, we are going to work on the ship itself.
- We're going to start with thumbnails and then use a number of techniques like detailed sketching, 3D modeling, overpainting and creating interesting textures until we finalize the design.
- Along the way, we're going to use several applications like Photoshop, modo, Alchemy and fractal generator, Apophysis.
- Once the design is complete we are going to use it for a 'beauty shot' - a concept illustration that will serve as our final presentation.
- By the end of this tutorial, you will become familiar with many techniques and tricks used in the concept design pipeline and will be able to use them in your own projects.
- Lightroom - a great choice for color correction. This will help us to understand the photographer and educator. You will learn how to evaluate color images using Develop module and histograms. Then you learn how to use color correction tools to balance the tone of the image, using proven methods such as neutralization and color relationships.
- Every day this week, the lynda.com blog features a movie spotlighting some of the best new features in Photoshop CS5.
- Your tour guide is one of the most influential voices in the Photoshop community-Deke McClelland- who has been burning the midnight oil updating his encyclopedic Photoshop One-on-One series of courses
- Learning how to use Adobe Photoshop efficiently and effectively is the best way to get the most out of your pixels and create stunning imagery. Master the fundamentals of this program with Julieanne Kost, and discover how to achieve the results you want with Photoshop and its companion programs, Bridge and Camera Raw. This comprehensive course covers nondestructive editing techniques using layers, masking, adjustment layers, blend modes, and Smart Objects. Find out how to perform common editing tasks, including lens correction, cropping and straightening, color and tonal adjustments, noise reduction, shadow and highlight detail recovery, sharpening, and retouching. Julieanne also shows how to achieve more creative effects with filters, layer effects, illustrative type, and the Photomerge command for creating panoramas and composites.
- Learn how to efficiently and effectively use Adobe Photoshop - the best tool to convert your beautiful image in pixels. Learn the basics of this program with Julian Kostov and learn how to get the desired result with Photoshop and its helper programs: "Bridge" and "Camera moat." This comprehensive course provides friendly editing techniques using layers, masks, adjustment layers, blending modes, and Smart Objects. Learn how to perform common editing tasks, including distortion correction, cropping and straightening, color and tonal adjustment, noise reduction, granular recovery of light and shadow, the change of field and retouching. Julianne also shows how to perform the majority of creative effects with filters, effects, layers, and illustrative set of command Photomerge to create Ponor and compositions.
- As a photographer, you have two options to take photos: JPG and RAW. Regardless of which you choose, you're going to need a consistent and fast way to color correct, adjust, sharpen and make your photos look their best. Camera Raw is it! Join NAPP Instructor Matt Kloskowski as he walks you through all the buttons, options, and sliders in Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6. At the end of the course you'll be a master at Camera Raw and you'll know exactly how to handle any photo you come across.
Take your sports action photography to the next level with lighting! When you control the lighting you will set your work far apart from the rest of the pack. Join veteran sports photographer Dave Black as he takes you through three different action sports scenarios using a different lighting setup in each location.
Learn how to hack your photography lighting with tips and tricks from Kevin Kubota.
Emphasizing production concerns, Jeremy lights an interior scene with only 13 lights. He demonstrates in real-time step-by-step how to use a minimal number of spot and point lights to recreate all direct, indirect and "sweetening" light sources for a hallway. This technique uses no Global Illumination or Final Gather, producing a fast, stable, predictable and directable result. Jeremy shows how to work with lighting in IPR and Mental Ray.
Branching off from our intro to the latest in RenderMan's RIS technology (RND102), we dive deeper into all the goodies this new package has to offer: The new layered LM Shading system, new Pattern nodes including procedural texturing, scripting with SE Expressions, OSL, custom presets, and much more! We'll be focusing our work in Maya/RenderManStudio as well as touching on more advanced topics with RenderMan ProServer.
Genre: E-learning | Project files
Genre: E-learning | Project files
This advanced course looks at the techniques used to improve the physical appearance of on-screen talent; techniques which are useful on almost every single project. Prof Nathaniel Westveer will be sharing production-proven approaches for creating seamless digital beauty, which is a mash up of various practices sometimes referred to as digital beauty work, digital cosmetics, and digital beauty retouching.
Designed for students with a basic understanding of DaVinci Resolve, Creative Looks in DaVinci Resolve eschews a paint-by-numbers approach, instead providing an informal exploration of how to customize the types of looks frequently asked for by clients to create grades that are unique and dramatic.
Genre: eLearning | Project files
Masking, put simply, is the art of isolating an element in an image from its background. It is one of the most essential concepts in graphic design and is the foundation for working with layers non-destructively. Although simple in concept, masking can be difficult to do well–but once you understand some essential concepts, this indispensable skill will open the door to many design options.